The Bones Beneath the Bling
Tools for Thriving in a Frantic Market
In today’s frantic home-buying market, decisive action wins the day. This class provides tools to prepare your home buyers for the rigors of house shopping in a hyper-competitive market. Whether showing homes to clients, touring homes on your own, responding to home inspections or helping guide quick decision making, this class will build your knowledge of residential construction so you are better able to assist your clients with the trials of this seller’s market. You will have plenty of opportunities to get your house-related questions answered.
(4 hour class = 200 minutes class time)
- Learn concepts and vocabulary for managing your client’s expectations in a fast-paced seller’s market
- Feel confident showing houses to your clients and looking at homes from a structural point of view.
- Review which systems actually comprise the “bones” of a house
- Discuss strategies and learn vocabulary for quickly understanding and predicting the assets and drawbacks of houses from a structural and safety point of view
- Gain perspective on how to compartmentalize various problems that may be uncovered during a home inspection so you can coach your clients through house hunting and discovery
- Reduce the likelihood of being blindsided by the home inspection and improve your overall house awareness.
In today’s frantic real estate market, it has never been more important for real estate agents to develop a basic understanding of how to look at houses from a structural and systems point of view. With houses selling in just days, critical decisions now have to be made without the luxury of ten-day inspection contingencies. Whether you like it or not, home buyers and their agents are being forced to understand more about houses in order to make good decisions under tight deadlines.
Just because a house has problems does not make it a bad house; every house has problems and every house is a great house for the right person at the right price. The more we can acknowledge this philosophy, the more happy clients we will have because client expectations will be in alignment with the houses they are buying. Better knowledge and understanding of the condition of a house will facilitate pricing houses and matching clients with appropriate houses improving both client satisfaction and the bottom line.
Dylan Chalk House Talk classes are focused on the facilitation method of teaching and they emphasize storytelling and using the collective experience and wisdom of the group to facilitate learning opportunities. Classes are built around power point presentations with lots of on-site photos and plenty of opportunities to get your house and home-inspection related questions answered.
To schedule a time to have Dylan Chalk teach in your office, please contact: [email protected]
Dylan Chalk is the author of The Confident House Hunter – a book to teach home buyers how to look at and understand houses: Cedar Fort Press www.dylanchalk.com. In June of 2017, Dylan’s book The Confident House Hunter won the Silver Award from the National Association of Real Estate Editors. He is also the founder of ScribeWare inspection report software offering innovative and simple report-writing solutions – www.getscribeware.com and he is the owner of Seattle-based Orca Inspection Services LLC. In early 2017 Dylan became the Vice-President of Western Washington chapter of (ASHI) American Society of Home Inspectors. www.orcainspect.com.